If a guy texts you in the morning, this post will show you likely reasons why and what would make them more likely.
So, what does it mean when a guy texts you in the morning? A guy texting you in the morning might be a sign that he likes you, that he considers you a friend or it might just be when he has spare time. It would help to consider what he texts you and how he interacts with you in person.
There are actually a number of possible reasons why a guy might text you in the morning and it could be due to a combination of them. However, there are some things you can consider to help figure out the main cause.
What does it mean when a guy texts you in the morning?
Below are likely reasons why a guy will text you in the morning and what would make them more likely.
He likes you
The reason why he texts you in the morning could be that he likes you. This would be more likely if he tries to make plans with you, he tries to flirt with you and if he interacts with you, in person, differently to how he interacts with his other friends.
If he does like you, it would be likely that he would show it in his body language by doing things such as:
- Mirroring your body language
- Holding prolonged eye contact with you
- Asking you the most questions when you’re in a group together
- Standing closer to you than he normally stands to other people
- Positioning himself to be near you
- Asking your friends about you
- Talking to you with a deeper voice than he does with other people
- Becoming anxious when you’re talking to other men
- Sticking around while you are with other men
- Basing his schedule around your schedule
- Getting defensive when you are both with other men
- Watching you when you are with other men
- Staring at you then quickly looking away or smiling when you notice
- His pupils dilate when he is with you
- Sitting more upright when he notices you
- Uncrossing his arms when he notices you
- Adjusting his hair or clothing when he notices you
- Pointing his feet at you (people will often point their feet at people that they are attracted to)
- Hugging you the more and for longer than he does with his other friends
It is when he has spare time
If he only texts you in the morning, it could be because that is when he has spare time. This would be more likely if you know that he is busy during the rest of the day. In this case, it could still be the case that he does like you and it would help to consider how he interacts with you in person.
He considers you a friend
If he never texts you at night, it might be a sign that he actually is not interested in you since it would be more likely that he would text you in the evening if he were interested in you. This would be more likely if he never texts you sexual type things and he only asks you things such as what you are going to be doing at school or work. It would also be more likely if he interacts with you in a similar way to his other friends.
Things to consider
Below are a number of things to consider to help figure out the main cause.
What he texts you
It would help to consider what sorts of things he texts you. If he often tries to meet up with you and he tries to flirt with his messages, it would be more likely that he is attracted to you. Whereas, if he only asks you about school or work, it would be more likely that he is asking as a friend or colleague.
Also, if he tends to be the one that texts you first and he responds to your texts quickly, it would also be more likely that he is attracted to you.
How he reacts when he sees you
It would also help to consider his reaction when he sees you. If he noticeably changes his body language, when he sees you, it would make it more likely that he is attracted to you.
Ways that he might change his body language could include:
- Avoiding saying silly things
- Adjusting his hair or clothing
- Mirroring your body language
- Sitting or standing with a straighter posture
- Raising his eyebrows
- Holding eye contact
- Uncrossing his arms
- Making space for you
- His pupils dilate
How he interacts with you compared to other people
It would also help to compare the way that he interacts with you with how he interacts with other people. If you notice that he interacts with you in a very different way to how he interacts with other people, it would be more likely that he is attracted to you. Whereas, if he interacts with you in the same manner as he does with his other friends, it would be more likely that he considers you a friend.
If you want to learn more about body language, a book I would recommend would be The Definitive Book of Body Language (on Amazon). It shows you how to interpret body language and understand people's true intentions.