If a guy recently said that he feels comfortable around you, this post will show you likely reasons why and what would make each of them more likely.
So, what does it mean when a guy says that he feels comfortable around you? It is most likely that a guy would say that he feels comfortable around you are that he considers you as a friend and that he is shy around other people. It is also possible that he was showing that he is attracted to you.
There are actually a number of possible causes but there are some things you can consider to help figure out the main cause.
What does it mean when a guy feels comfortable around you?
Below are likely causes and what would make each of them more likely.
He is attracted to you
It is possible that he said that he feels comfortable around you because he is actually attracted to you.
This would be more likely if he only says similar things to you and not to his other friends and if he shows different body language and behavior with you than he does with his other friends.
If he is attracted to you then it would be likely that he would show signs of attraction, in his body language, when he is around you.
These signs could include doing things such as:
- Mirroring your body language
- Holding prolonged eye contact with you
- Asking you the most questions when you’re in a group together
- Standing closer to you than he normally stands to other people
- Positioning himself to be near you
- Asking your friends about you
- Talking to you with a deeper voice than he does with other people
- Becoming anxious when you’re talking to other men
- Sticking around while you are with other men
- Basing his schedule around your schedule
- Getting defensive when you are both with other men
- Watching you when you are with other men
- Staring at you then quickly looking away or smiling when you notice
- His pupils dilate when he is with you
- Sitting more upright when he notices you
- Uncrossing his arms when he notices you
- Adjusting his hair or clothing when he notices you
- Pointing his feet at you (people will often point their feet at people that they are attracted to)
- Hugging you the more and for longer than he does with his other friends
He considers you a friend
It could also be the case that he said that he feels comfortable around you because he considers you as a friend.
This would be more likely if he also says similar things to his other friends and if he seems to interact with his other friends in the same way that he does with you.
If he does say similar things to his other friends then it could still be the case that he is attracted to you. If he is then it would be likely that he would show some signs of attraction, around you, that you might not have picked up on.
He is shy around other people
It is also likely that he said it because he is shy around other people. This would be a lot more likely if he does get shy when he is around other people.
Consider the way that he reacts to seeing you
It would help to consider how he reacts when he sees you when considering why he said that he feels comfortable around you.
If you notice that he changes his body language and behavior, noticeably, then it would make it more likely that he has particularly strong feelings for you.
So, if you notice that he reacts to seeing you by doing things such as:
- Adjusting his appearance
- Adjusting his posture
- Facing towards you (especially with his feet)
- Moving closer to you
- Having more dilated pupils
Then it would make it more likely that he is attracted to you.
Consider how he interacts with his other friends
It would also help to consider how he interacts with his other friends and how it compares to his interactions with you.
If you notice that he also says similar things to his other friends and he shows similar body language and behavior around them then it would make it more likely that he considers you a friend.
Whereas, if he shows different body language and behavior with you then it would be more likely that he is attracted to you assuming he changes it in a way that shows attraction.
Look for a number of body language signs
When thinking about what his body language could be suggesting it would help to consider multiple signs at the same time.
This is because a single body language sign can mean multiple different things. This can result in single body language signs being less reliable on their own.
Whereas, it would be more likely that someone would show a number of different body language signs, all pointing towards the same meaning, for that particular reason.
If you want to learn more about body language, a book I would recommend would be The Definitive Book of Body Language (on Amazon). It shows you how to interpret body language and understand people's true intentions.